Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bad Dreams

Working in Haiti for the past 3 months has been undeniably one of the most interesting and rewarding experiences of my life, I must admit. However, in order to be here I had to make several big sacrifices... I had to leave my family and friends, I put a halt on my career search, but most of all I had to give up my ability to eat what I want when I want it... and for those who know me - know that I love food.

This does not mean that I was not eating in Haiti - it was actually the complete opposite - I probably ate TOO much in Hait... But when you eat rice and beans every single day (no matter how Delicious they may be) you tend to crave other "options". It became an issue when one night I had a horrible dream of a double stacked cheese burger that was fully loaded... only problem was that it was running AWAY from me. Pure cruelty, because I woke up the next morning to eat .... go ahead and guess... yes rice and beans!

BUT luckily enough, a few days ago, I jumped on a bus back to Santo Domingo where my friend/coworker, Richard, pickme up and brought me to see the love of my life... That evil burger that ran so far away from me in my dreams was consequently right in front of me! Needless to say I ate the WHOLE thing! A tad bit cruel to eat the love of my life, but at least I know it will never have the chance of running away from me again! :)

1 comment:

  1. Was there, saw that. It was love at first site. It's amazing how many time very small stuff like eatting a hamburger can be so rewarding. So, just like my friend/coworker says my Gandi comment is "enjoy the small stuff", it will allow you to see the big picture better.

    ReplyDelete