Sunday, January 24, 2010

More updates from Elena

I'm ok. We are in the capital at our camp site. We are going to be staying here for another two weeks...I'm going to try and send you some blog updates, but keep in mind that they can only turn on the electricity for 20 min everyday, if even that! Cell phone service is horrible and I have to take cold baths like I'm living in the stone age with a bucket and soap! My experience so far has been amazing, as well as difficult.

I think this is where my heart is... I'm sorry for not being able to keep in touch, it´s just very difficult. Haiti is not as dangerous as the news makes it out to be. We have extra security so you guys don't have to worry if I can't call for a couple of days. Please just know that I am safe and that the group treats me like a queen and looks out for me all the time, they call me,"la chula del grupo".Please tell everyone that I miss them and love them and that I'm working extra hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment