Thursday, January 21, 2010

What can you do?

Last night I called Elena and briefly spoke with her friend Romaine. He told me that they were alright, but that Elena at that moment was working with some Doctors and wasn´t near him. The call was disconnected and I´ve been unable to get through since then. I´ve called the MOSCTHA headquarters and was told that everyone was fine and doing well. They arrived in Port au Prince yesterday and have already starting working. I wish I had more information, but in the meantime I will keep on trying to get in touch and will keep on updating the blog as I know more.

In the meantime remember that in order for Elena and all of the volunteers to be able to help they need our assistance. They can´t work or distribute water and medical assitance if they don´t have supplies. Although we are far, we can do our part. Let´s get to it! I´m attaching an article on how one small community is doing what it can. What can you do?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/21/nyregion/21towns.html?hp

No comments:

Post a Comment